May 7, 2012

Crafty = Fun!

If you haven't discovered yet, I love to re-purpose, or take on DIY projects! Sadly I don't have enough time to do ALL of the projects I want, so here are some of the projects on my 'to-do list'.

I have a nice, but builder-grade chandelier above my kitchen table. It's not out dated or ugly by any means, but not to the style that my husband and I like. So, on my 'to-do' list is to create a new hanging chandelier that's fun and a bit more modern. I found the below project and I am in love! Our home has mostly shades of grey and white with pops of color mixed in for the different seasons; so for the string, I'd probably use a charcoal grey or black vs. the natural twine.


Another to-do project that I'm dying to try are paper flowers. These are made with regular book pages; I plan to make some using music pages, book pages, and news papers pages. Mixing the different types of pages will add texture and interest to the paper flowers. Mix these here and there with some white peonies and *mwah* you have a masterpiece!



Here's one that I certainly have the supplies for ;o)
DIY glass lanterns using empty wine bottles. This one will need a little more than the typical tools laying around my home, but well worth it on the back patio! Candlelight dinners and parties have gone to a new level! And since we're upcycling the bottles, why not use the corks as well! Write the date and the event of why you opened the bottle even if it reads:
 "05/07/2012 Sunny Monday Celebration"




Those are just a few of my DIY "To-Do's"
What's on your to-do list?



No comments:

Post a Comment