April 18, 2012

My first Blog Post!

Hello all! I am so excited to share my design and inspiration with you! As I sit here and write my very first blog post, I am also enjoying a beautiful sunset over the Olympic Mountains, and I think I'll start my inspiration there! With spring in the air, we're all transitioning from the greys and neutrals of Winter and into the lively colors of spring flowers and beautiful sunsets (now that we can see them!) Here are a few ways to bring in that lively feeling to your home!

1) Shop those Antique shops and boutique garden centers (and let's face it, it's SO fun to do!) Look for great accent pieces such as this Kelly Green Side Board to accent an entryway or your dining room.


2) Pillows, Pillows, Pillows! Add color easily and inexpensively with accent pillows. Here is where you can REALLY make an impact! Mix colors, textures, and patterns to create a layered effect (much like a spring garden).


 3) And of course, bring in those flowers! Using fresh flowers (and fruit) literally brings life into a room. Play with colors and textures and have fun!



Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I look forward to sharing my design and inspiration with you and having fun along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment