September 13, 2012

Getting Excited for Fall

With the mornings and nights getting colder, I'm starting to get excited for fall! Fall is one of my favorite seasons; the changing of the leaves, hot apple cider, all of the yummy yummy (and so bad for you) recipes, the list goes on and on. In the years past, I've been a little behind updating my decor for the Fall season, so this year I'm getting a head start and getting inspired!
 
If you haven't guessed by now, I LOVE using white in my decor, and I don't see why Fall should be any different. I like to call it Frosted Fall. Here's a few examples of how you can bring Frosted Fall into your home.



Here's an example of Frosted Fall done beautifully by Dusty Lu
 
Much like the foods we eat and drink in the fall, the colors and textures are very warms, rich, and inviting. Typically, when people think of fall they think of Orange's, Browns, and rich hues of Red.And of course, layering; this gives it the 'homey' feel. Here are some traditional Fall themes:
 



 

 
 

 I also {ADORE} rich purples and turquoise in Fall decor. Jewel tones such as these are typically darker and create a more intimate feeling.  
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment